Ensure data quality and process optimization.
- Data cleansing projects (MRO, Finished Products, Packaging, Raw Material, Services, Suppliers, Customers).
- Standard material description templates and database with standardized items selling.
- Master data governance (new items).
- Fiscal and Tax classification (i.e.: NCM).
- Item Taxonomy. (Astrein, UNSPSC, Federal Supply, eClass …)
- Software licensing.
SSA solution is a Data Cleansing solution to standardize descriptions and meet technical and fiscal requirements, ensuring:
- Support for data unification.
- Perpetuation of the standardization process.
- Master data management: complete and reliable descriptions.
- Alignment with fiscal and accountable requirements.
- Procurement process cost reduction;
- Gains of scale through centralized purchasing;
- Agility in replacement parts;
- Reduce tax exposure risk;
- Alignment to Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Taxes savings.
- Astrein´s MDM software is a toolfor Data Normalization and Data Deduplication, improving data quality in more than 400 customers and more 4 millions SKUs (standardized items).
- As MDM is an ongoing function, Astrein´s developed a web based data management system to receive and treat new items, with workflow, maintaining data governance, and ensuring that data, which has already been cleaned and classified, remains intact.
- Experience with ERP (SAP or JDE or Oracle) data integrationand migration (web services, SAP/PI).
- Multilingualitems descriptions (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French,…).
- Software ready to be used for different data (Materials, FinishedProducts, MRO, Customers,Suppliers, Services…).
- Astrein´s solution is essential to a organization to have a deep understanding of the data housed within their systems, and how to best organize and utilize that data to improve business processes and decision making (strategic source).
Standard Material Description (SMD)
SSA software enables unlimited defining characteristics for each type of item standard, checking mandatory and optional characteristics, possibles contents and abbreviation, that will be used to form Short description and item specification.
SSA software enables users to define and register classes, subclasses according to international standards such as UNSPSC, Federal Supply, EOTD, e-class, NCS, and others.
With specific forms, SSAfor the registration request new items and other functions such as authorization and approval, change specifications, extension items to other industrial units and the inclusion of information for item management (ledger account, supply point, minimum stock, stock most economic lot purchase, type of replacement and others), the SSA software has workflow engine to manage the registration process ensuring the formation history and tracking data.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and SLA
SSA allows online KPIs measurement as a production, duplicated and partial items, new items requisitions, missed requests and disapproved by users, with their execution times, identifying the SLA (Service Level Agreement) is being fulfilled.
Parametric search of items
Enables research parametric database and uses specific electronic forms for each type of registration or item Family, guiding the applicants as to the correct fulfillment of their requests, presenting what are the mandatory features and what are the possible content selection.
Forms for registration of other information
The technical standardization of descriptions is the prerequisite to accomplish the tax classification of items properly once to set the NCM (Mercosur Common Nomenclature), for example, you must know or constituent material, or family, or application (often sub-application). The software allows you to create forms for other non-technical data such as those that comprise the views of Marketing, MRP, Tax, Accounting, Inventory, among others.
In addition to improving the supply process, the standardization of description is an important component of response to challenges of modern logistics, involving processing large quantities of products at high speed, productivity and flexibility, insofar as they are rationalized financial resources , human and physical. The standardization of materials description is used to identify and classify unequivocally, precise, unified and standardized the items in a list, forming what we call SKU – Stock Keeping Unit.
For inventory management and identification systems, SKU is the smallest unit of sale and registration in information systems. The solution was developed to support sanitation projects and unification of bills of material, eliminating items equals with similar descriptions and different codes. Through the system short standardized descriptions and also complete procurement specifications are formed.
What does the market say about data quality?
Research conducted by the Aberdeen Group and Gartner with more than 400 companies indicates that 98% have problems with data quality, 95% recognizes.